Exchange 2010 SP1 Mailbox move, corrupted items, search folders
A friend of mine @sssstew raised this issue with Microsoft PSS, it seems that Exchange 2010 SP1 is being more critical on the search folder during mailbox moves.
You may receive the following error:
A corrupted item was encountered during the move operation. The item wasn’t copied to the destination mailbox. MapiExceptionInvalidEntryId: Unable to SetSearchCriteria. (hr=0x80040107, ec=-2147221241)
The following steps are currently recommended:
1. Increase the bad item limit (not the best option as it’s likely to cause data loss in the mailbox).
2. Use MFCMAPI tool to delete the search folder in question. http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com/
3. Depending on where the search folders are in the mailbox, you could try the following:
–start outlook by using the following switch:
–restart the “Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Replication” service on exchange 2010 server.
–Retry the movement
For more information about the cleanfinders switch, we can refer to the following KB article. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831402
4. Also you can try getting the users to remove the search folders prior to the move and create them post move.
5. If only a few mailboxes are affected, export and import them to PST files using the Outlook client.
Also refer to this discussion where several people have encountered this similar issue: