EMC vCenter plugins
This post has been updated here: https://runningvm.wordpress.com/2010/10/28/emc-vcenter-plugins-updated/
These EMC plugin’s are free, more on what the plug-ins do here:
EMC Solutions Enabler (SE) is required to use the Virtual Storage Integrator (VSI) that provides visibility into the EMC storage. This article helps with the installation of the virtual appliance version of the SE, there is also a Windows and Linux install.
Once you have installed and configured the SE you can install the VSI on your desktop and point the EMC plugin to the SE machine. With the VM appliance you will still require a computer with SE installed to leverage the connection to the SE.
The CLARiiON Plug-in for VMware has several system requirements, most of them pretty standard but it also requires that SnapView is installed and DRS is set to automatic.
- The CLARiiON storage system must have FLARE® Operating Environment (OE) version 29
- SnapView must be installed and enabled on the CLARiiON storage system
- Clone and reserved private LUNs must be configured for VMware Replication to work properly.
- The storage processor must be connected to a network accessible by the VI Client system running the CLARiiON Plug-in.
- Network connectivity exists between the vSphere Server and the vSphere Client.
vSphere Cluster configured with at least two ESX Hosts.
- ESX Host Bus Adapters zoned to the CLARiiON storage processors.
- ESX Host Bus Adapters registered to a CLARiiON storage group.
- vSphere cluster configured for DRS and set to fully automated mode.
This means that although the plugin is free not all customers will be able to use it. Hopefully future releases which remove these requirements allowing all customers to use this great feature.