Increasing the max simultaneous vMotions
Here are the steps to increase the amount of Simultaneous VMotion Migrations per Host.
Credit goes to Simon Long and Jason Boche, http://www.boche.net/blog/?p=806
1. RDP to your vCenter Server.
2. Locate the vpdx.cfg (Default location “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter”)
3. Make a Backup of the vpxd.cfg before making any changes
4. Edit the file in using WordPad and insert the following lines between the tags;
5. Now you need to decide what value to give “maxCostPerHost”.
A Cold Migration has a cost of 1 and a Hot Migration aka VMotion has a cost of 4, say 24 for 6 vMotions per host.
6. Save your changes and exit WordPad.
7. Restart “VMware VirtualCenter Server” Service to apply the changes.